Late Breaking Abstract Submission Guidelines
Deadline: Thursday, 30 March 2023 23:59 CET
The ongoing trials topic –is only for proposed posters that will describe the design and/or progress of ongoing trials –trials that will not have closed in time to present results at ESOC 2023. Results of clinical intervention trials ( preferably RCTs) or high impact large studies (e.g. by large consortia’s) that will only be complete after this deadline (but in time to release results at ESOC 2023) can be submitted to the late breaking science section. It is important to mention WHY the submitted science is of high impact. All submitted Placeholders from the regular abstract submission may be finalised now. If no placeholder has been submitted, please submit your late breaking abstract regularly according to the given topics and standards.
Late Breaking Abstract Submission Guidelines
1. Abstracts may only be submitted online. Abstracts submitted by fax or email will not be accepted.
2. Authors should indicate their presentation type preference:
- Poster presentation only
- Oral or Poster presentation
Note: “Poster presentation only” implies that your abstract will be considered for poster presentation only.
The same person may serve as presenting author on up to 5 abstracts.
3. The Scientific Programme Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
4. All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear UK English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university specific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
5. The presenting author of an accepted abstract must register and attend the congress to ensure the publication of abstracts.
6. Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official conference publications.
7. The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract.
8. Abstracts should contain only original material not published or presented elsewhere prior to 24 May 2023
9. Abstract title – must be in UPPER CASE and limited to 25 words. Please submit symbols as words.
10. Abstract text – limited to 250 words including acknowledgements. Please note word count is affected when tables are included.
11. Abstracts should clearly state:
Background and aims
12. Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears. Use generic drug names.
13. Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
14. Images– Images are limited to 3 per abstract. The maximum file size of each image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload images in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
15. Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers or other identifying information.
16. Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest: Abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
17. Please make sure to state your correct e-mail address. After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail with the following information:
- reference number of your abstract (for correspondence and questions that might arise)
- your personal user code and password.
If you do not receive a confirmation by e-mail please contact email@example.com
18. Should you wish to make corrections to an abstract already submitted or if you wish to submit other abstracts later, you may use your personal access code.
Corrections to abstracts can only be made up to the deadline of 30 March 2023, 23:59 CET.
Each abstract will be reviewed by at least 4 external experts and final selection will be made by the Scientific Programme Committee. Notification of acceptance or rejection of submitted abstracts will be sent to the corresponding authors via email by the end of April 2023. Full instructions concerning preparation and presentation will be included and will be made available on the conference website.
Publication Embargo: ESOC 2023 has an embargo policy on all abstracts submitted to the conference. The embargo will be lifted on May 24, 2023.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the peer-reviewed journal.
If you have questions regarding abstracts technical questions or need assistance, please contact the abstract team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When contacting the abstract team please always refer to the name of the conference.
Abstract hotline: +41 61 686 77 63 (Monday – Friday during CET business hours)