Late Breaking Abstract Submission is now closed!
11 Jan 2021
6 July 2021
Late Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline
25 July 2021
Late Breaking Abstract Notifications
Abstract Submission opens: Monday, 11 January 2021
- Abstract Submission Deadline for all topics except ongoing trials: Monday, 12 April 2021, midnight CET (23:59).
- Abstract Submission Deadline for ongoing trials & late breaking abstracts: Tuesday, 6 July 2021, midnight CET (23:59).
|Abstract Submission Opens||January 2021|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||
Regular submission Monday, 12 April 2021, midnight CET (23:59)
Ongoing trials Tuesday, 6 July 2021, midnight CET (23:59)
There will not be an extension to this deadline!
|Abstract Notification*||Beginning of June 2021|
|Late Breaking Abstract Submission**||June 1, 2021|
|Late Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline||July 6, 2021, midnight CET (23:59).|
|Late Breaking Abstract Submission Notification*||End July 2021|
*Note all efforts are made to send notification by the planned date. Should there be any delays with the selection process, revised date will be posted here
** Late Breaking Abstract Submission will open after the Regular Submission closes and will occur from June 1st until July 6th, 2021. The Late Breaking Abstract Submission is not an extension of the Regular Submission deadline and will be available for Clinical Trials Topics only! Submission will include a free text box under the description section and a request to explain what is novel about the new data and why the new analyses should be considered as late breaking. The content of the abstract should not have been previously published or presented at national or international meetings prior to ESOC 2021.
Important please read:
The ongoing trials topic – is only for proposed posters that will describe the design and/or progress of ongoing trials – trials that will not have closed in time to present results at ESOC 2021, (September 1-3).
Note: Abstracts that describe as yet unfinished trials that will complete in time to present results at ESOC 2021 and that are intended as placeholder abstracts for late-breaking results should be submitted to the main abstract submission, under the most relevant trial topic. There, you will find an option to indicate that it is a placeholder abstract.
Results of clinical trials that will complete after this deadline (but in time to release results in a late-breaking session) can be submitted to the late breaking trials section. This section is open from 1 June 2021 to 6 July 2021. If you anticipate having a late-breaking trial, you are encouraged to submit a placeholder abstract now to the regular system. This abstract can describe the trial and the analyses that will be available. This will assist the conference committee in reserving a suitable slot on the programme and you can update your abstract with results during the late breaking submission window.
Rules for Submission
Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted online via the website only.
ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED BY EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Presentation Type: Abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster presentation.
The Scientific Abstracts Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted for presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The same person may submit up to 5 abstracts regardless of presenting author.
- The same person may serve as presenting author on up to 5 abstracts.
- Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by June 29, 2021 will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official conference publications.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the peer-reviewed journal.
- Previously Presented/Published Policy: Abstracts that have been previously presented at another meeting may not be submitted.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university specific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest: Abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
- Instructions for preparation of presentations will be made available on the conference website.
- Publication Embargo: ESOC 2021 has an embargo policy on all abstracts submitted to the conference. The embargo will be lifted on September 1, 2021.
Guidelines for Submission
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
– Full first and family name(s)
– Email address
– Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
– Phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details
- Preferred Presentation type: Oral/Poster presentation/ Poster Viewing
- Abstract title – must be in UPPER CASE and limited to 25 words. Please submit symbols as words.
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words including acknowledgements. Please note word count is affected when tables are included.
- Abstract topic select the abstract topic per the list of topics.
- Images– The maximum file size of each image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload images in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
Background and aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
- Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
- Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers or other identifying information.
- The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a DRAFT until the deadline. After the deadline if not submitted, drafts will be deleted.
- Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to submit your abstract. Changes will not be possible to your abstract after it is submitted.
- You will receive an abstract ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact us if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been submitted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
Abstract submitters' Declaration
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the “Content“) to ESOC 2021 and Kenes International (Hereafter: the “Organizers“), nor the publication of any such Content by the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organisers a copyright license to reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the text of the Content on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on abstract correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I understand that I must select a specific Theme, Topic and/or Sub-Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Theme, Topic or Sub-Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.
Scientific Abstract Committee
Mira Katan, (Switzerland) – Chair
Götz Thomalla, (Germany)
Katharina Stibrant Sunnerhagen, (Sweden)
Adam Denes, (Hungary)